Known as Dr. Kate around the office, Kate is adjunct faculty at East West School of Massage where she teaches Anatomy & Physiology and Pathology. She is the co-owner of a local, herbal beverage company called Doctor Bird Elixirs. She also owns a Paleo Cookie delivery business called Morsel Code Cookie Co. Dr. Kate has special interest in nutrition, homeopathy, western/eastern herbalism, and essential oils. She believes optimal health is fostered by the tiny little rituals we carve out time for and practice on a daily basis.
Dr. Kate has a bachelor's degree in communications and theater from Monmouth College in Monmouth, IL and worked in both corporate and broadcast television for 7 years before beginning medical school. In 2015, she graduated with a doctorate in Naturopathic medicine and a Master's degree in acupuncture and Chinese herbalism from The National University of Natural medicine in Portland, Oregon.
For fun she likes to hike all around the PNW, bake cookies, run, do yoga, and drink embarrassingly expensive tea. Kate lives in NE Portland with her beloved housemates and elderly diva cat, Pekoe.
Some of the conditions Dr. Kate treats:
· Chronic Pain (arthritis, long standing injury, scar therapy)
· Acute Pain (sprains, strains)
· Insomnia/Circadian Rhythm disturbances
· Emotional disorders (depression, anxiety, stress)
· Cancer care (side effects of chemotherapy, radiation)
· Hormonal Imbalances
· Skin Conditions (rash, hives, psoriasis, eczema, fungal infections)
· Adrenal & Thyroid disorders
· Gastrointestinal disorders
· Blood sugar dysregulation (diabetes, metabolic syndrome)
· Tension, migraine headaches